Friday, June 24, 2011

Homeowners!

Mike and I bought a house in Laramie, and we just moved in two days ago. We love the house, the neighborhood (we're across the street from a city park), and the yard. My amazing, fantastic parents came from Idaho and spent two and a half days working their tails off to help us get moved in. Seriously -- they put in two 10-hour days and a half day today, and the place looks awesome. I'm so blessed to have two very healthy, energetic, and generous parents. They scrubbed the floors and the stove, hung light fixtures and shelves, pulled weeds and mowed the grass. Plus dozens of other things -- my dad even put in an electrical outlet outside the house. I think Mom and Dad know how to do just about anything.
World's Best Parents

So here are some photos of the process. The pictures don't quite show just how charming the house is, so you'll have to come and visit us to get the full effect.
Here's the dining room on Day 1.
Here's the living room and dining room today (our dining set has not yet been delivered, so you're seeing a temporary set up here).
Here's the kitchen on day 1
Here's the kitchen today. It's back-lit, but as you can see, all the boxes are gone. :)
Here's the entry on Day 1, with plastic on the floor and lots of furniture.
Here's the entry today. We still have lots of books to unpack.
Our bedroom on Day 1.
Our bedroom today -- box-free, and the cat is making herself at home.

I'll post some photos of the yard later, once we've had a chance to pull more weeds and do some planting. Here's one final photo. This is the view from our dining room window -- we have lilacs framing the window and it looks out on one of the city parks. And yes, we have a white fence around the yard. We're living the dream.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all you have the most adorable parents in the world!!! Love them!!!! You are very blessed to have such amazing parents. Second, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you.

Kennedy said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it.

I'm sorry to tell you, but your parents can't be the world's best parents because my parents are! Glad they could come help. They really do make a difference don't they?

Unknown said...

Congratulations, guys! Your house does look really cute, and we're glad to see you're living the dream. :)

Celia said...

We are so happy for you! Congratulations! I love how open the kitchen and dining room area is. I can't wait to see more pictures. We love you guys!

Sheri said...

Everything looks wonderful. Yea for awesome parents!